Chadwicks Group Gender Pay Gap Report 2023
Chadwicks Group is Ireland’s leading builders’ merchanting company, operating with over 50 branches and over 1,500 colleagues across the country.
Certain sectors within the construction industry have and continue to be more male oriented. Nevertheless, Chadwicks Group being a best-in-class equal opportunities employer are committed to reducing the gender imbalance and eliminate the gender pay gap that exists.
Below will provide a snapshot of our current employment landscape and performance with regards to Gender Pay Gap and provide clarity on Chadwicks Groups Gender Pay Gap targets.
Addressing the Gender Pay Gap
The “Gender Pay Gap” is an average figure which is distinct from “Equal Pay”, which looks at the individual level and is about ensuring that men and women are paid the same for carrying out the same work, or work of equal value. The evolution of our gender pay data indicates that the difference in average pay is due to proportionatly more men being in senior, higher paid roles which is observablke throughout the construction and supply chain industry.
Our approach to colleague reward is gender neutral by design. We constantly review ways in which we an address the issues of gender pay and are committed to addressing the diversity in Chadwicks Group throughout by:
- Updating our recruitment practices to ensure we attract the best individuals for the role, regardless of gender.
- Offering an unbiased, clear career path for all of our colleagues allowing them to progress within the business.
- Continually reviewing our People Policies to ensure they attract and retain the best candidates and allow for differing prioroties.
- Ensuring our family friendly polocies support gender diversity.
- Having stronger diversity on our leadership development programmes to encourage more gender diversity at senior level.
As a subsidery of Grafton Group, we adhere to the Grafton Group Equality, Inclusion and Diversity policy, the aim of which is to promote equality and diversity across all areas of our business. We’re committed to proactivly challanging the underlying reasons for the gap and working across out business to address it.