JE Telford Ltd was founded in 1885 in Main Street, Mountrath.
It was a General Merchant store selling farm supplies, hardware, grocery and bakery. In 1970, it became more specialised in Hardware, building materials and farm supplies, following market trends at the time.
In 1990, Telfords opened its second store, located in Portlaoise. We had a major overhaul in 2000, expanding the Trade Centre, DIY Store, Yard and Offices. In autumn of 2006, we completed construction of our new Electrical Super Store.
In the past number of years we have renovated all areas of our premises and in 2017 we added fitted kitchens to our range that we sell.
We are a one-stop shop selling everything from steel to washing machines. We carry a large product range in all our stores, with over 50,000 products in stock at any one time and we will endeavour to source and supply any product so we can meet our customer's needs.
We are in a very strong position in the Laois, Carlow, Kildare, Offaly and Tipperary marketplace. Our Company has reaped the benefits of decentralisation over the last few years. We supply all the building materials, electrical supplies, paint, timber floors, bathroom equipment, gas fires, solid fuel stoves, garden furniture, household items and everything the DIY enthusiast could possibly want.
Telfords provide, source and deliver quality products at competitive rates, and aim to keep Customers up to date with current trends in the Builders Industry.
Visit Telfords Website